Out Of Stock$59.95
It's your lifelong dream – to join the Star Patrol and be part of the crew of an interstellar Starship. You've worked hard, graduated from the academy, and received your first assignment as part of a team of young recruits, confident in your training and ready to be put to the test. Nothing can possibly go wrong as you are prepared for anything...
You are the Space Cadets.
Space Cadets is a fun and frantic cooperative game for 3-6 players who take on the roles of Bridge Officers of a Starship. Each officer must accomplish his specific task in order for the team to successfully complete the mission. You might be the...
- Helmsman, plotting the ship's course through asteroid fields and nebulae.
- Engineer, using dominoes to get enough power to each system.
- Weapons Officer, completing puzzles to load the torpedoes and flicking a disc down a track to launch them.
- Shield Officer, using tiles to form poker hands to get the strongest shields.
- Sensor Officer, using your sense of touch to scan and lock on enemy targets.
- Captain, setting the plan and making sure that everyone stays focused and does their job.
If your crew can work together to accomplish the mission goals, you just might make it home in one piece.
While scheduled to be released as a board game in October 2012, Space Cadets will be introduced publicly as a live, interactive convention event on July 5, 2012 at DEXCON 15, a game convention in Morristown, New Jersey.
Space Cadets – Live! allows for up to thirty players to play together, with players divided into teams handling different functions of the Starship. Each team has a mini-game that it needs to complete within a short time limit, and the better that team performs, the better that ship function will execute. Different teams must also communicate and work with one another while completing their mini-game. Is the Helm team charging towards enemies? The Shield team may want to make the forward shields stronger.
Multimedia, props, and special effects will immerse you in the world of Space Cadets – Live!, based on the Space Cadets board game designed by Brian, Sydney and Geoff Engelstein and published by Stronghold Games.
- 152 cards @ 41mm x 63mm / Mini-American
- 18 cards @ ~66mm x ~86mm
Category: Action / Dexterity, Puzzle, Real-time, Science Fiction, Space Exploration,
Time: 90 minutes
Designer: Brian Engelstein, Geoff Engelstein, Sydney Engelstein
Artist: Karim Chakroun
Mechanics: Co-operative Play, Dice Rolling, Memory, Modular Board, Pattern Recognition, Press Your Luck,
Ages: 8 and up
Publisher: Stronghold Games