Incan Gold is a quick, fun and tense game in which you and other adventurers explore an old Incan temple in search of gold and treasure. In each of the five rounds, you secretly choose if you want to continue exploring the temple in search of more treasure or retreat to the safety of your camp with your share of the treasure that has been discovered so far.
Each time that an explorer braves new territory, more treasure or a danger appears. When a second card of the same type of danger is turned over, all exposed treasure is buried, leaving the remaining adventurers with nothing. Do you flee the dangerous temple with your portion of the treasure that has been uncovered so far or do you venture into the exciting temple in search of more hidden valuables?
After five rounds of exploration, whoever has the most treasure is the ultimate explorer and winner!
From the publisher: "You and your fellow adventurers travel to Peru to find a ruined Incan temple and its treasures: turquoise, obsidian and gold. There are also rumors of valuable Incan artifacts. Will you chance dangers like giant spiders, mummies and fire during your search, or will you escape back to camp and safety, carrying out your loot?"
- Risco Total (Released as an unauthorized game. An agreement has since been made between the authors and the publisher)
- 2008 Games 100 Family Game Nominee.
- 2008 Major Fun Award Winner.
- 2006 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek Winner Best Light/Party Game (as Diamant).
- 2005 Spiel des Jahres Recommended (as Diamant).
- 2005 International Gamers Award Best Strategy Game Nominee (as Diamant).
- 2005 Japan Boardgame Prize Winner, The Best Foreign Game for Beginners (as Diamant).
- 2005 Spiel der Spiele Hit Games for Many Winner.
- 2005 A la carte 4th Place, Fairplay Magazine prize for card games (as Diamant).
Number 6 in the Gryphon Games bookshelf series.
BGID: 37759Time: 20 minutesYear: 2006Ages: 8 and up