Catan Scenarios: Frenemies of Catan
Game description from the publisher:
Hark, friend! Let us... help... each other. We live in a time of altruism on Catan. We give away resources to help lagging players. We move the robber to isolated locations to ensure the safety of our fellows. We even go out of our way to connect our roads with our neighbors' networks. Has everyone gone nuts?
Ah! Thanks to their beneficence, Catan's guilds reward such noble-minded behavior by handing out "Favor Tokens" (FTs). Each guild helps us in different ways: granting us roads, development cards, random resources, preferential trades, or even Victory Points.
In Catan Scenarios: Frenemies of Catan, everyone is still just in it for themselves as there is an ulterior motive for everything. In fact, sometimes you can "help a friend" while making things far worse for them.
Sigh. If goodwill really exists, it's not part of this scenario...
- 1 Guild Hall Board (with five Guild Halls)
- 8 Victory Point (VP) Markers
- 58 Favor Tokens (FTs)(remove the dotted FTs w/ three players)
- 8 Trader Guild FTs (Wagons)
- 8 Merchant Guild FTs (Ships)
- 8 Road Builder Guild FTs (Shovels)
- 17 Scholar Guild FTs (Books)
- 17 Master Builder Guild FTs (Compasses)