In Le Havre, a player’s turn consists of two parts: First, distribute newly supplied goods onto the offer spaces; then take an action. As an action, players may choose either to take all goods of one type from an offer space or to use one of the available buildings. Building actions allow players to upgrade goods, sell them or use them to build their own buildings and ships. Buildings are both an investment opportunity and a revenue stream, as players must pay an entry fee to use buildings that they do not own. Ships, on the other hand, are primarily used to provide the food that is needed to feed the workers.
After every seven turns, the round ends: players’ cattle and grain may multiply through a Harvest, and players must feed their workers. After a fixed number of rounds, each player may carry out one final action, and then the game ends. Players add the value of their buildings and ships to their cash reserves. The player who has amassed the largest fortune is the winner.
Le Havre was released by Lookout Games October 2008 in German and Australian English.
- 2011 Ludoteca Ideale (Italy)
- 2009 JoTa - Heavy-Game Winner (Critics / Audience)
- 2009 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek, Gamers' Game, Winner
- 2009 International Gamers Award, Game of the Year, Winner
- 2009 Deutscher Spiele Preis, Game of the Year, 2nd place
- 2009 Tric Trac d'or (France), Game of the Year, Tric Trac d'Argent (2nd place)
- 2008 Meeples Choice Award, Game of the Year, Winner
- 2010 Golden_Ace, French Game of the Year Nomination
- Le Havre (iPhone/iPad)
Get more information on VideoGameGeek
110 cards: 33 Standard Building cards, 36 Special Building cards, 20 Round/Ship cards, 11 Loan cards, 5 Game Turn/Buttery cards, 5 Round Overview cards.
420 tokens: 48 "1 Franc" coins, 30 "5 Franc" coins, 60 cattle/meat tokens, 60 grain/bread tokens, 30 iron/steel tokens, 42 clay/brick tokens, 48 wood/charcoal tokens, 42 fish/smoked fish tokens, 30 coal/coke tokens, 30 hides/leather tokens.
Plus: 7 Supply tiles, 16 Food Production tokens, 1 Starting Player marker, 3 Game boards, 5 wooden Person discs, 5 wooden Ships, 1 Rules booklet and 1 Buildings overview.
- 110 cards @ 58.5 x 90.5mm / European
Extensive Le Havre Buildings Reference and FAQ
BGID: 35677Time: 150 minutesDesigner: Uwe RosenbergYear: 2008Artist: Klemens FranzMechanics: Worker PlacementAges: 12 and up