Piece Count: 1000
Puzzle Size: 27" x 20"
Box size: 13" x 10" x 1.875"
Édouard Manet (French, 1832–1883) A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, 1882 Join us at the Folies-Bergère! This popular Parisian cabaret, familiar territory for artist Édouard Manet, was a place to see and be seen (note the woman in the background, peering through opera glasses). A large mirror reflects the patron-filled interior and in turn reflects Manet’s impression of modern life in the French capital—this entertainment venue catered to the worldly bourgeoisie and was notorious for solicitation. The fashionably dressed, emotionally detached barmaid’s reflection is askew and its meaning ambiguous. Is she being propositioned or simply being asked for a glass of champagne? What story is the painter telling? Find your own interpretation of A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, Manet’s final masterpiece, as you puzzle over this 1000-piece jigsaw.
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte artpaper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
-description by publisher